16 Jun 2015

#TTT: Top Ten Books on my TBR for Winter 2015

The original prompt for this week's #TTT was 'Top 10 Books on my TBR for Summer 2015,' but Sydney is currently a winter wonderland, and I don't really know what I'll feel like reading come December... although if I'm being honest, it'll most likely be something light and fluffy because it'll be too hot to think. This winter I'm aiming to read more classics - in particular, classics written by male authors. I have a habit of reading books by female authors, and I want to expand my knowledge of the classics beyond Jane Austen and the Brontë sisters. For this reason, I'm adding The Raven: Tales and Poems by Edgar Allan Poe and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (because my knowledge of classic literature is mostly limited to the greats of British literature; I never really bothered with American literature). Never fear, ladies of literature are still on the list! I'm also hoping to tackle The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson this winter - there's something about winter that makes me think it's a perfect time to start reading horror stories. After reading Howl, Kaddish and Other Poems by Ginsberg for Brain Soup Goes Gilmore, I'm eager to read more poetry, so I'm adding Emily Dickinson to the top of my list. There are also some newer books that I've purchased and STILL haven't gotten around to reading, and I'm planning on getting them out of the way this winter!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! I much prefer winter over the hot, dry summers we have here in Arizona. Yuck.

    I'm also looking forward to GO SET A WATCHMAN. I should follow your example and read more classics, but I probably won't. Ha ha.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger