28 Jul 2015

#TTT: 10 Characters Who are Fellow Book Nerds

Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)

How can any list of book nerds be complete without mentioning "the brightest witch of her age," Hermione Granger? Growing up, I loved that I had a bookish role model in Hermione, one who was quite proud of her intelligence and was always looked to for the answers (let's face it, Harry and Ron wouldn't be anywhere without Hermione. She gave them the answers while she was Petrified). 

Catherine Morland (Northanger Abbey)

Catherine is a great reader of Gothic novels, and sometimes lets her imagination get the better of her.

Liesel Meminger (The Book Thief)

Liesel is possibly one of the greatest book nerds in literature, and goes to great lengths to be able to read. She steals books to keep them from burning, giving them a home and cherishing them. She delivers laundry in exchange for getting to visit a beautiful private library. 

Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables)

Oh, Anne with an 'e,' lover of all things poetic. I would say Anne is more a lover of words and stories - she loves reading them, she loves telling them, she loves writing them. She doesn't limit herself to one form of story-telling, either. 

Jo March (Little Women)

Jo is another character who I associate with books, but honestly believe that she loves story-telling. She loves acting and writing plays and stories and all sorts.

Cath Avery (Fangirl)

Cath is the ultimate fangirl: a lover of Simon Snow, she writes Simon Snow fanfiction and is basically the Queen of SS' fanfic community. What better way to appreciate a book than dedicate time and effort into writing something for your fellow fans?

Matilda Wormwood (Matilda)

Who could forget Matilda? Girl managed to read her entire library by the time she was five. Unfortunately, her parents dismiss her intelligence, knowledge and incredible literacy skills because they're, well, awful.  

Charlie (Perks of Being a Wallflower)

Charlie doesn't have a favourite book - every time he reads a new book, he gains another favourite. Charlie and I have that in common.  Charlie bonds with one of his teachers over books, with his teacher recommending a lot of classic novels for him to read. 

Scout Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)

Scout doesn't even realise that she loves reading: it's something she's always done; she compares it to breathing ("until I feared I'd lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing"). I love that description, mostly because I had a similar epiphany when I was about five. 

Alaska Young (Looking for Alaska)

Girl picks up second hand books wherever she goes and her shelves are basically the defining feature of her dorm room. She sounds like the kind of person I'd want to befriend. 








5 comments:

  1. Scout is such an excellent choice! I have Matilda, Cath, Jo, Anne and Hermione on my list this week too. My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now here is a list. I think these are the ultimate bookworms! :-D

    My List!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great lit! I forgot lots of these characters when making mine :( Of course I put Hermione at the top of my list too though ;) Great list!

    Here’s my list if you want to have a look :)

    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Anne Shirley and Hermione Granger made my list too. Here's my <a href="http://bookishginger.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-ten-tuesday_28.html>TTT</a>. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, how did I forget about Alaska!! Wow, thank you for putting her on your list. I have Hermione, Leisl and Cath on my TTT as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger