7 Jul 2015

#TTT: Hyped Books I've Never Read

 Making this list was harder than I thought it would be. I wasn't really sure where to start (I peeked at a few other #TTT this week, and so many listed Harry Potter, which surprised me! And also is a series I couldn't talk about for this week's #TTT, because I talk about how much it has influenced me as both a reader and a person ALL THE TIME), and then once I had started narrowing them down was actually quite difficult.


Incarnate | Jodi Meadows | Newsoul
Add on GoodReads

I would be lying if I said I didn't want to read the Newsoul trilogy, because it actually sounds really interesting and unique. If my impressions are correct, the book takes place in a utopian society, rather than a dystopian one, and I have heard that in addition to incarnated souls, the book features dragons and sylphs and lots of other fantastical creatures. And that cover, oof! Unfortunately, there have also been a few mixed reviews that are scaring me off from reading this one.


Grave Mercy | Robin LaFevers | His Fair Assassin
Add on GoodReads

I actually want to read this. Why wouldn't I? Assassin nuns! It all sounds most intriguing, and the female characters are reportedly pretty badass.


 50 Shades of Grey | E.L. James | 50 Shades
Add on GoodReads

I'm sorry, but this is a series I will never read. A lot of my friends (most of whom aren't readers) tried to get me to read them when the books really hit their stride in terms of popularity, but there's nothing about these books that interest me. If it started out life as Twilight fanfiction, the bar is set pretty low. That said, I have never read the series and should probably refrain from mocking it so much.




 



 The Selection | Kiera Cass | The Selection
Add on GoodReads

 Again, there is simply nothing about this series that interests me. I have zero interest in watching the Bachelor, so I don't think I'd really go for what seems to be the YA lit version of it.







The Thief | Megan Whalen Turner | The Queen's Thief
Add on GoodReads

It seems that everyone on GR has read/is reading The Queen's Thief series (or at least, everyone who is a Marchetta fan). If anything, this book is hyped only because it is the first book in the series - it is really The Queen of Attolia that seems to have people raving. Admittedly, it does sound like something right up my alley, so I'll have to look into it.




Delirium | Lauren Oliver | Delirium
Add on GoodReads

When Delirium was released in 2011, it seemed like it was the book of the year. Everyone I knew was talking about it, everyone I knew was raving about it, and it seemed to be splashed everywhere. The premise of the book sits oddly with me, and it feels like another YA-love-story-masquerading-as-dystopian-fiction, which is why I've been holding off from reading it. Prove me wrong, Oliver, prove me wrong.



The Maze Runner | James Dashner | The Maze Runner
Add on GoodReads

I feel awful admitting this, but I very rarely read books by male authors. If you look at my bookshelves, the majority of the books on my shelves are written by females. It's not something that's done intentionally, it's just the way it's turned out. The premise never really grabbed me, and from what I've heard it sounds like the series was just cashing in on the dystopian trend. A few of my (again, non-reader) friends have had good things to say about this book, so I might borrow a copy from my library if they have it, but it's not a book that I'd be going out of my way to get my hands on.


The Witching Elm | C.N. Crawford | The Witching Elm
Add on GoodReads

This book has been described as what would happen if Joss Whedon wrote Harry Potter. Both Harry Potter and Joss Whedon's television shows made a huge impact on me as a child (I am a lifelong fan of both, even if I do spend a lot of time critiquing Joss Whedon these days), so I am actually quite excited about this book, and it is definitely on my TBR list.




Gone Girl | Gillian Flynn
Add on GoodReads

Everyone raved about the book, everyone raved about the film. I basically burrowed my head in the sand. Amy Dunne sounds exactly like the kind of character I like, so I'm not entirely sure why I haven't read this book. Maybe it's because I've read so many reviews where the reviewer has said something along the lines of "I picked this book up, tried reading it, and put it back down again," or "I took me three tries to actually read this."



Girl at War | Sara Nović
Add on GoodReads


I want to read this book so much, but am terrified it won't live up to my ridiculously high expectations. I love historical fiction, but it's definitely a genre that I don't get to read as much as I'd like to (that is my own fault, I must admit).





What are your Top Ten Hyped Books You've Never Read? Don't forget to leave a link to yours in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger