8 Sep 2015

#TTT: Ten Finished Series that I Have Yet to Finish


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
It was really hard to narrow down my choices to ten series; I am the queen of not finishing series. I always get side-tracked and pick up more recently published books or just... other books, in general (which is why I used to try and mostly read stand-alone books).

The Lotus War by Jay Kristoff

 Endsinger has been sitting on my bookshelves for so long and I'm fairly certain that if a book had feelings, Endsinger would be feeling pretty darn neglected. I pre-order Endsinger and was fairly certain I would devour it within days of its publication - but here we are, nine months on, and I've passed on it in favour of all the other books I want to read (In my defence, 2015 has been a pretty stellar year for books). I will read you soon, Endsinger, I promise. 

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

I read the first three books and thought they were entertaining enough, but then the series got stretched out to six books... I mean, the plot was fairly thin to begin with. There's only so far you can go, y'know? 

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

I mean, while we're talking about series written by Cassandra Clare... I read the first book, and felt like it was The Mortal Instruments all over again, just jumping on the steampunk bandwagon. A couple of friends of mine keep telling me that it's entirely different to TMI (possibly even better), so I might give it another go in the near future. Once I read the poor, neglected Endsinger

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

The only reason I haven't finished this trilogy is because I'm waiting for my library to get it in. I promised myself I'd spend less money on books this year (my bank account is laughing because of that time a few weeks ago I spent $80 at QBD without even trying - I didn't have anyone there to stop me, oh well!), so I've been refraining from buying In the Afterlight - but I'm really eager to finish this trilogy. 

Legend by Maria Lu

I read the first book and remember liking it, but never managing to track down the next book. I've mostly forgotten what happened, so I suppose I'll have to reread the first book again before I'm able to finish this series. 

Dust Lands by Moira Young

I loved it - a YA dystopian that was actually a dystopian and not just written to cash in on The Hunger Games hype. I can't actually tell you why I haven't finished this series yet - I loved it, and was really excited about the publication of the final book. It's a really unique series, and fun to read (I recommend reading it, if you haven't already!).  

Tomorrow series by John Marsden

When I was in Year 8 or 9, I decided I was going to power my way through these books because everybody I knew seemed to love them.  For some reason I can't remember (because it was at least a decade ago), I stopped reading after Darkness, Be My Friend. I keep on telling myself, "I've got to finish that series," but I never do. I'm pretty sure I started reading the spin-off series, The Ellie Chronicles, even though I hadn't finished reading Tomorrow (clearly, I don't remember what happened).

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Apparently, it is a little known fact that Little Women is, in fact, a series comprised of four books - people generally only know about the first one (well, two - Little Women and Good Wives are usually published as one volume these days). I've never read Little Men or Jo's Boys, even though I've been meaning to for years now. 

Pat of Silver Bush by L.M. Montgomery

Do you know how many books there are in the Pat of Silver Bush series? Two. Do you know how many times I have picked up Mistress Pat and had to put it back down again? Too many to count. Unfortunately, Pat is neither as charming as that Anne girl nor as compelling a heroine as Emily. She's like the Fanny Price of Montgomery's works. 

Wicca by Cate Tiernan

I loved this series when I was younger, but I never got around to finishing it. The last book was set something like twenty years after the rest of the series, and I just wasn't feeling it.

There you have it - ten finished series that I am yet to finish. Don't forget to comment below and link me to your #TTT so I can check out yours!









9 comments:

  1. You may be bad about not finishing series, but, honestly, I am the queen. I almost never read on. I had to be shamed into reading all the Harry Potters.

    Here's my Top Ten Series I've YET to Finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was sure I was the Queen of not finishing a series, haha! ;-) I'm glad I'm not alone! We share a couple - The Lotus War & Legend, but also Mortal Instruments, which didn't make my list. Is it sad I could've probably completed this list about 3 times over?! I seem to never finish reading a series!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew about Little Men and Jo's Boys but had no idea that my copy of Little Women is actually 2 books! I've been meaning to reread this series since I read Little Women as a child and didn't really love it yet I feel like I should. As for Pat of Silver Bush - eh. I've read all of Montgomery's books and the Pat series was the only one I didn't like. Mistress Pat is mildly better than Pat of Silver Bush but not by a huge amount. I'll take Jane of Lantern Hill, or Marigold, or Anne or any of Montgomery's characters over Pat any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Spent $80 at QBD'—we've all been there. I swear that shop exists just to run the lives of bookworm. That, and Dymocks 2 for 1 sales. WHHHHY?

    My list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I'm the worst at not finishing series - there are so many books on my to-read list, and I have the attention span of a squirrel sometimes, so it takes a special series to capture me and hold my interest through to the last book! Legend is on my list too, and to be honest I didn't realize that Little Women was originally a quartet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah yes - the Little Women books. Forgot about those. I loved LW.... struggled to finish LM. Probably will never read more than that lol. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost included the Mortal Instruments series on my list but decided against it because I haven't decided if I want to read the rest of the books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm glad to see someone else mention the Dust Lands series - I've read the first and I can't wait to read the rest!

    I would argue that The Infernal Devices is better than The Mortal Instruments. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you. I'm EXCELLENT at starting series, TERRIBLE at finishing them. Cases in point: TMI, The Infernal Devices, The Darkest Mind, Legend, and Little Women (to name a few). At least you're not alone, right? Good luck to us both.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger