16 Sep 2015

Wishlist Wednesday

Okay, so my first thought when I saw this was "WHAT?" which was then quickly followed by "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" Brace yourselves: Juniper Books has released Hogwarts house themed Harry Potter books. These will set you back a whopping $275 (that's in US dollars) per set. Each set comes in a Hogwarts travelling trunk (presumably for display purposes) and feature illustrations at the beginning of each chapter. The only thing holding me back is that these are only available in the American edition and having Philosopher's Stone titled Sorcerer's Stone would irritate the heck out of me (hey, you're looking at the girl who just bought a new set of The Hunger Games because her old set didn't match).

I am a Ravenclaw, so clearly this is the most important set
 Even though Gryffindor and Slytherin are arguably the two most popular/talked-about houses (fun fact: most of the house-themed Harry Potter merch sold on the Internet is for those two houses), I think Ravenclaw has a good chance of being the set that will sell out first (given the stereotypes of the personalities in this house).

Gryffindor, the prettiest of them all

 I actually like the Gryffindor design the best - check out that intricate design work! It looks stunning. It kind of reminds me of what I like to call 'old-timey' book designs - you know, the type of design they use for books in movies set in like the 1800s (even though book production was notoriously cheap in those days - usually paperbacks that were badly put together and fell apart pretty quickly).

Badger, badger, badger, badger...
According to Queen Rowling herself, the Age of Hufflepuff is upon us, so I guess embracing your inner badger is the in thing to do now. I've never gotten why Hufflepuff is the unpopular house - who wouldn't want to be characterised as just, kind and loyal? Why are these traits seen as less desirable than being intelligent or brave or ambitious? I'm sure when Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is released, Hufflepuff will be the new in house (sorry Gryffindor and Slytherin - you've had almost two decades in the spotlight. Don't worry, Ravenclaw - our time will come).

How very Draco Malfoy of you
Compared to the other designs, the Slytherin design seems very... minimalist. While not my favourite, it works for the house.


While I'd probably have to start up a KickStarter to afford these, this is a reminder to go back and reread the Harry Potter series, because when they begin to fall apart (hello, copy of Goblet of Fire that has the spine falling off) there's my excuse to go buy these.  Aaah, who am I kidding? My worn out, much-loved copies of Harry Potter will always instill a sense of pride.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger